Saturday, September 8, 2007

help for a friend

I had an abortion about a year and half ago, and now have a friend that is almost in the same situation. She came to me for help even though she had no idea that I had had this experience. I've been able to support her, but she has one big decision that I didn't deal with... which is whether or not to tell her partner. I did, right away, and he was with me through everything. We actually just broke up around six weeks ago, and its been really rough. She is afraid to tell her boyfriend, I think because she is afraid that he will not want to go through with the abortion. I really think she needs someone to help her(she's really sensitive) and I have a traveling job, so I can't be there with her. I'm afraid she'll feel guilty for not telling him and that it might cause some problems.

Any advice would be great... thanks!

- Chantelli

|